TEXAS BAPTIST MEN VOLUNTEER VILLAGE OPEN!
In response to Hurricane Harvey
Texas Baptist Men’s Volunteer Village is now accepting registrations for CHURCH GROUPS (not individual volunteers) wanting to work in the Greater Houston and East Texas area in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Below are the general guidelines for serving. After you have previewed the details, if you feel this is a good fit for your group and are ready to commit your group to a time of service, please REGISTER HERE.
After we receive your request, we will match you with the best fit for your group based on size and date requested and will send a follow up email confirmation with further details. If you have any questions please email TBM-Village@texasbaptistmen.org. We look forward to having you serve alongside us.
- Bring cot or air mattress with sleeping bag or linens
- Sleeping area is divided into female and male sections
- Showers provided (bring towels and toiletries)
- Meals will be provided
- No see-through or revealing clothing, no spandex or leggings. Shirts must be worn at all times.
To participate volunteers must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Not be a registered sex offender
- Not be a registered violent offender
- Not have criminal convictions for crimes against persons or property
- Not bring tobacco or alcohol products to any work site
- Not remove anything from a work site
- Sign a TBM Release and Indemnity form. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Click here to print form
Work MAY consist of the following:
- Moving debris
- Cleaning yards
- Assisting homeowners in retrieval of personal property
- Handing out boxes
- Assisting shower & laundry or feeding units
- Mucking and gutting a home
What should I wear or bring?
- Long pants are recommended
- Gloves are recommended
- Mosquito repellent
- Safety glasses recommended
- All other equipment will be provided
All volunteers must conduct themselves as representatives of Texas Baptist Men. TBM may refuse volunteers due to inappropriate dress, speech or behavior, or other factors deemed inappropriate by the TBM Coordinator.
Finally, please understand that when working in disaster area things can change quickly. We ask that all volunteers remain flexible.